Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Shin Force ~The All Sega Site~
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New PSO... Phantasy Star Online Zero for DS (Read 15826 times)
SageOfChaos
Newbie Member

Welcome to the
FORCE!

New PSO... Phantasy Star Online Zero for DS
Sep 27th, 2008, 4:20am

New Phantasy Star Zero Information
Phantasy Star Zero
By EspioKaos at 09/21/2008 - 16:58
An interview with Satoshi Sakai, producer of Phantasy Star Universe and now Phantasy Star Zero, was published in the September 20 issue of Nintendo Dream. Fan site Shougai PSO posted a synopsis of the article which you can find translated here. For quick reference, here is a list of new game details Mr. Sakai revealed.
Phantasy Star Zero is a completely new title set in a brand new world.
Zero's gameplay mechanics will be based heavily around PSO's. But despite this, the developers hope that the unique style will attract more fans to the series, even those who have never touched a previous Phantasy Star title.
The Nintendo DS was selected as the platform for this title to help broaden the age range of players.
Zero was selected as part of the title to invoke thoughts of a new beginning for the series.
You will be able to play with people you've never met over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. No details were given on if or how Friend Codes will be used, however.
PS0 will not support voice chat or vibration functions.
PSO's word select system is a possibility, but has not been confirmed.
PSO's symbol chat will not return for this game. It is being replaced by visual chat, allowing users to draw their own pictures using the stylus.
Many common item and technique names will return from PSO.
The developers hope that, despite this game taking place in a completely new world, it will still bring out feelings of nostalgia and other fond memories.
Stay tuned for more information on Phantasy Star Zero. We expect to see new details rolling in more quickly as we approach the Japanese release of this title in three short months!

IP Logged
Shinobi
Master Administrator

May the FORCE be
with you... Always!

Northcoast, USA
Looking Good
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2008, 5:31pm

I've seen some screen shots and info on this game recently and it's definitely looking good.  For that matter, Phantasy Star Portable looks sweet as well. My problem is not owning either PSP or DS.  Maybe one or both of these games could change that...

Shinobi Musashi - Administrator
WWW   IP Logged
Shinobi
Master Administrator

May the FORCE be
with you... Always!

Northcoast, USA
Phantasy Star Zero
Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2009, 12:59pm

Well, since my last post on this topic I've acquired a PSP and a DSi. Santa provided PS0 for Christmas this year and I just wanted to mention a few things.  Considering what system we're talking about, the graphics are OK.  Missions consist of many relatively small blocks.  Using the DSi D-pad to control a 3-D game can be a challenge.  I'd like to see someone hold their DSi, fight monsters and manipulate the stylus to create a chat message simultaneously!  I've started a HUnewearl and reached level 5 so far.  The first boss I've encountered is a huge octopuss, which has no trouble wasting me. Just as advertised, the game is very reminiscent of PS Online.  I just hope I can get used to the 2-D controller in a 3-D realm, which is also a throw-back to how 3-D games started out...

Here are some pictures of the game:

« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2009, 4:49am by Shinobi »  

WWW   IP Logged
Stargazer Bleu
Newbie Member

I-am that is

Dragons Abyss
Re: New PSO... Phantasy Star Online Zero for DS
Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2009, 6:02am

I have this game, havent tryed online yet but it is close to the orignal PSO. Only thing i dont really like is the camera but for being on the DS it seem decent.

IP Logged
Sir Rendlan
Apprentice Moderator

I am the Ultimate
Video Gamer ^_^

Faribault, MN
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2011, 6:00pm

I love this game, I have played numerous hours as a RAmar and found a Blue Bulleta it is a great gun if you ask me

Sir Rendlan alanon1996@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Witterstauter01
Newbie Member

Welcome to the
FORCE!

Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2011, 1:07am

SageOfChaos wrote on Sep 27th, 2008, 4:20am:
New Phantasy Star Zero Information
Phantasy Star Zero
By EspioKaos at 09/21/2008 - 16:58
An interview with Satoshi Sakai, producer of Phantasy Star Universe and now Phantasy Star Zero, was published in the September 20 issue of Nintendo Dream. Fan site Shougai PSO posted a synopsis of the article which you can find translated here. For quick reference, here is a list of new game details Mr. Sakai revealed.
Phantasy Star Zero is a completely new title set in a brand new world.
Zero's gameplay mechanics will be based heavily around PSO's. But despite this, the developers hope that the unique style will attract more fans to the series, even those who have never touched a previous Phantasy Star title.
The Nintendo DS was selected as the platform for this title to help broaden the age range of players.
Zero was selected as part of the title to invoke thoughts of a new beginning for the series.
You will be able to play with people you've never met over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. No details were given on if or how Friend Codes will be used, however.
PS0 will not support voice chat or vibration functions.
PSO's word select system is a possibility, but has not been confirmed.
PSO's symbol chat will not return for this game. It is being replaced by visual chat, allowing users to draw their own pictures using the stylus.
Many common item and technique names will return from PSO.
The developers hope that, despite this game taking place in a completely new world, it will still bring out feelings of nostalgia and other fond memories.
Stay tuned for more information on Phantasy Star Zero. We expect to see new details rolling in more quickly as we approach the Japanese release of this title in three short months!

I have this game, havent tryed online yet but it is close to the orignal PSO.

IP Logged
Sir Rendlan
Apprentice Moderator

I am the Ultimate
Video Gamer ^_^

Faribault, MN
Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2011, 2:11pm

Zachery wrote on Aug 17th, 2011, 5:24am:
Missions consist of many relatively small blocks.  Using the DSi D-pad to control a 3-D game can be a challenge.  I'd like to see someone hold their DSi, fight monsters and manipulate the stylus to create a chat message simultaneously!  I've started a HUnewearl and reached level 5 so far.  The first boss I've encountered is a huge octopuss, which has no trouble wasting me.

lvl 40-50 RAmar (havn't played in a while) took me maybe 2 weeks but its pretty easy

Sir Rendlan alanon1996@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Dwane Duff
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2011, 8:52am

I have this game. I really like Phantasy Star Zero. Phantasy Star Zero is a completely new title set in a brand new world. We can play with people you've never met over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

IP Logged
Johan Japp
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2011, 7:50am

Dwane, I also want this game but I couldn't find it, Can you tell me where I get it online??

IP Logged
Shinobi
Master Administrator

May the FORCE be
with you... Always!

Northcoast, USA
Reply #9 - Nov 3rd, 2011, 3:15pm

Amazon.com has the game for sale.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1