Dragon Age: Origins (Read 4609 times)
Shinobi
Master Administrator

May the FORCE be
with you... Always!

Northcoast, USA
Dragon Age: Origins
Oct 25th, 2009, 12:11pm

>>Dragon Age: Origins | EA : Bioware - I've downloaded a few of the videos from the XBL Marketplace, and I would have to say this game looks awe-inspiring.  Imagine battling a gigantic dragon where the fighter slashes a deep wound, an archer pinpoints a headshot, and a mage uses fantastic electrical magic to disable the mighty beast!
Release Date 11/03/2009 | $59.95

Shinobi Musashi - Administrator
WWW   IP Logged
Stargazer Bleu
Newbie Member

I-am that is

Dragons Abyss
Re: Dragon Age: Origins
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2009, 6:54am

I got this game, Graphics are not the best but still decent, but the cgi sceens are done well. I have been enjoying it a lot tho

IP Logged
Shinobi
Master Administrator

May the FORCE be
with you... Always!

Northcoast, USA
Review | Dragon Age: Origins
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2009, 1:39pm

I had high hopes for this game, especially after my disappointment in Mass Effect being a FPS.  BioWare has a history of worthy RPG's, Knights of the Old Republic being one of my favorite releases.  Enter Dragon Age, an Action/RPG, is right up my alley.  

I agree the graphics in DA could have been better, but they do have an unusual artistic approach that grows on me.  On the bright side, the frame rate is always rock solid, which is preferable.  Lastly, the magic effects are mostly excellent and the camera angles rarely disappoint.

DA's gameplay mainly consists of explore, talk, answer questions, watch cut-scenes, accept quests, kill emenies, and manage your party.  I love deciding whether to eliminate someone or let them live, which is one of the many ways DA's storyline can branch.  Battles are real-time, except menu selections pause the action.  Everything from moving your character to controlling the camera angle is top notch.

One of the reasons I love RPG's is that they tend to have some of the best music in gaming.  DA's soundtrack is certainly above average, yet not exceptionally memorable.  The sound effects are great and the voice acting is convincing.

DA is a highly satisfying adventure that could have been truly awesome as a multiplayer online game.  You'll gladly spend well over 50 hours on this one.  Also, the replayablility is good with such a rich character creation and job specialization built-in.

So I would definitely recommend DA to action/RPG fans everywhere.  The "Warden's Keep" and "The Stone Prisoner" downloads are a decent value, since you get a party storage box and a great party member respectively.  Pray to "the maker" the next iteration may be dubbed "Dragon Age Online".

Overall: 8.4 | Graphics: 7.5 | Control: 9.0 | Sound: 8.0 | Fun: 9.0

Shinobi Musashi - Administrator
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print